Position Summary & Essential Functions (Major Job Duties)
Under general direction, this position assists the Marketing and Special Events Manager with the marketing and brand development of the retail business districts and commercial areas within a redevelopment area to create a vibrant, exciting destination for residents and visitors. Applicant must be passionate and have a high degree of energy and dedication and be able to work efficiently.
Responsible for providing administrative support to the assigned client. RMA is in Pompano Beach, Florida with some of the RMA employees working within the offices of the government clients. Tasks include general administrative/clerical duties necessary to business operations. Supervision is by the Marketing and Special Events Manager of the firm. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Assists with the marketing and management efforts within the CRA districts with a focus on promoting the retail business districts and commercial areas within the redevelopment area.
- Assists in the coordination and execution of special events and promotions to attract pedestrian traffic to the area.
- Assist in promoting business development and other business support activities, including drafting press releases.
- Attendance at special events, which may take place outside normal business hours.
- Assists in securing special event sponsorship and following up with potential sponsors.
- Assists with the creation and distribution of collateral materials, newsletters, flyers, website postings and updates, etc.
- Ensure effective planning, communication and scheduling of a wide variety of events, such as annual events, networking events, community meetings and more.
- Manage pre-event and day of event logistics for all events and programs.
- Secure equipment and rentals as needed; set-up and tear down of event sites and help in overall coordination of event execution.
- Post event tasks such as: schedule wrap up meetings, thank you letters, reports, invoicing, etc.
- Assist in coordinating with area merchants and merchant association to build cross promotional events, identify promotional opportunities and maintain communication.
- Assists in ensuring the execution of Marketing and Special Events contracts.
- Other duties as assigned
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS: This position may require travel, generally within the State of Florida. The Administrative Assistant must provide his/her own car and maintain adequate automobile insurance coverage. Frequent use of motor vehicle to conduct office business is required. Working hours include maintaining regular office hours from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to build professional and respectful working relationships at all levels internal and/or external to the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; exhibits tact, professional attitude, maturity and flexibility
- Work independently and in a team with positive attitude, professional presence and exceptional customer service
- Detail orientated with the ability to multi-task
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Interest in the planning, coordination and execution of special events and associated daily administrative tasks
- Energetic, enthusiastic, creative, with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Must have college level coursework in Marketing, Events or Public Relations
Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and or/nights for special events
- Student and non-student candidates are eligible
- Extensive administrative background with experience working on documents, including reviewing for quality assurance and managing initiatives within office operations and administration
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Office products, database software and general graphic design skills
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications used in outreach, including multimedia forums, Constant Contact (or equivalent), social networks, Facebook, Twitter, e-blasts.
Skill set in making visual presentations.
Salary Range: $13- $15/hour
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref: CRA Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing and Special Events Manager
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt (Part-time)