Position Summary (Major Job Duties)
Under general direction this position is responsible for planning and coordinating marketing activities with a focus on retail business districts and commercial areas within a redevelopment area to create a vibrant, exciting destination for residents and visitors. Additional activities include special events, PR, marketing and promotions, branding, business attraction and communication, social media application, and organizing promotional activities and campaigns.
Responsible for assisting with business attraction including meeting with property owners, identifying target tenants, calling to follow up with potential tenants, and working with area real estate professionals to attract new businesses. Assist with design of printed communications such as brochures and flyers, update web site, daily social media activity, create newsletters and coordinate media. Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, work experience, special requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, Retail Sales or a related field, or a minimum of five (5) years proven experience in a related field, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in planning and coordinating special events and activities, retail marketing, business attraction, retail merchandizing. Experience in seeking sponsorships, value added promotions, advertising and media relations. A valid driver’s license is required.
- High degree of oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Government experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of new technologies and how they can be applied to marketing
- Sound understanding of branding and marketing principles
- Ability to develop and manage a budget
- Creative and innovative
- Team Player and Problem solver
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary Range: $30,000 – $40,000 DOE
Reports to: Personnel assigned by the Principal